Wise Food Storage on Good Things Utah.wmv | Preparednessdaily.com

Subscribe:   Posts           Preparednessdaily.com

Wise Food Storage on Good Things Utah.wmv

Fri, May 11, 2012

Danny Eriksson showing our food on Good Things Utah. Be sure to checkout our website for more info! www.wisefoodstorage.com
Video Rating: 4 / 5

I use a rotational 1 year food storage system. These are 5 recipes that we use to help stretch our food budget. All the ingrediants could be pulled from our food storage.

34 Responses to “Wise Food Storage on Good Things Utah.wmv”

1. Spikestrip55 Says:
    May 11th, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Is this available nationally (or can this be shipped to California)?

2. back2thefutre Says:
    May 11th, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Boner

3. back2thefutre Says:
    May 11th, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Donkeys?

4. floridaironclad Says:
    May 11th, 2012 at 10:09 pm

I’m sold
    For $1.82 for each meal…wow

5. thenodnarb Says:
    May 11th, 2012 at 10:20 pm

how does this compare taste-wise with mountain home freeze dried food?

6. briansmobile1 Says:
    May 11th, 2012 at 11:02 pm

I bought some at the gun show from David Cross!

7. teceyS3 Says:
    May 11th, 2012 at 11:28 pm

in light of what has been happening in Japan, getting this type of food storage for grabbing as you run out the door away from an emergency, would be smart

8. gasdorf Says:
    May 11th, 2012 at 11:32 pm

audio is low in this video

9. ReadyPRO1 Says:
    May 11th, 2012 at 11:49 pm

As an emergency preparedness guru, I am totally impressed with this product!

10. dunn98632 Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 12:33 am

Ya know I can only afford to buy maybe $20 to $25 in emergency supplies a month. my budget is tight !!!! I have about 2 to 2 1/2 months worth of emergency supplies put aside. All you can do is the best you can.

11. Yankeeprepper Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 1:07 am

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

12. astrantia2k Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 1:53 am

I’m in the UK, and I think these recipes are great. I’m a single person on a tight budget, and this vid has given me some new meal ideas. Thank you!

13. Yankeeprepper Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 2:35 am

For me, buidling a long term storage that I use continually made more sense, but like you I started out with an “emergency food” stash first. Prepping has led to saving alot of money on food for my family and a much healthier diet. On more thing I should mention that is commonly overlooked in longterm food storage using dehydrated foods is the lack of essential oils. You could not live on dehydrated foods for even 6 months without oils.

14. fmcgrail7494 Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 2:40 am

Thanks for the quick response. Maybe a shorter supply of freeze dried would be appropriate. A week or so. Its compact, lightweight, grab & go for the backpack. If I could educate myself and get a solid, year long rotating supply going, I’d probably save a bundle and have a healthier food supply than freeze dried. The experiment begins.

15. Yankeeprepper Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 2:48 am

Freeze dried food has a much longer shelf life than dehydrated. Sometimes a decade or more. Shelf Reliance sells a Thrive brand package for 4 people for 3 months for 1000 bucks if you want something on the shelf now. But I do not recommend unless you feel desperate. For much less you could purchase local wheat and a grinder that would last more than 3 months or slowly build up a supply of foods to rotate. DON’T PANIC, so many people jump in and waste money.

16. fmcgrail7494 Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 3:36 am

Hello. Completely new to the “prepper” scene. I have not started a long-term food supply yet and have zero experience with it. Interested in purchasing a 3 month emergency supply of freeze-dried or dehydrated food for immediate security. Suggestions on dehydrated vs freeze-dried? Recommended brands? Also, suggested reading for planning my own rotating food storage? Family of seven here. Mom, Dad and five children ages 2-10. Thanks for any tips.

17. ORRIS HOLT Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 3:47 am

Thanks for the information and the videos. Lots of good ideas. Keep up the good work.

18. kidslife101 Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 4:09 am

I love that! “uh oh… uh oh, what’s going on?”

Great channel, by the way. Your videos are something my buddies and I can watch on any given night.

19. S1nn3r1 Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 4:48 am

Great dinner ideas we actually do the same meals. Most people don’t realize in this country just how good we have life.
    Long LIVE The CONSTITUTION !!!

20. MymrWeston Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 5:37 am

what foods are in your 1 year food storage system?? i would like to start one…

21. drunkinneworleans Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 5:56 am

Tony Chachere’s Famous Creole seasoning kicks ass huh Yankee?

22. TheMinnesotaPrepper Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 6:03 am

I would sell most of them if I could, but I’m not 18 yet so technically I don’t own any of them. However I am looking into mylar bags and am starting a vegetable garden again this year. Where I live though hunting could provide most of the food I need on a day to day basis if I was that desperate.

23. Yankeeprepper Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 6:11 am

Maybe a gun channel would be a better place to hang out. I would sell 27 of your gun and buy some food .

24. TheMinnesotaPrepper Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 6:22 am

@Yankeeprepper As a young person wanting to prep, what firearms will be the most useful to me. I only have 31 guns but most of them are high accuracy rifles or revolvers and shotguns that my father had bought. I have been looking into Sks’s and sub-2000 since 7.62 is cheap and I already have about 2k rounds of 9mm. Do you know any good 38 spl rifles or pistols since my dad stored about 3.5k rounds of .38 ?

25. DorPurseFreak Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 6:26 am

Great Vid, Especially
    With the GOD BLESS at the End !

Blessings to U & Urs !

26. dirtTdude Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 6:47 am

ammo prices are up? i’m glad i reload but i think i better stock up on a few other things…

27. dirtTdude Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 7:09 am

i’m going to try the tuna recipe out of my stock… and don’t forget about honey dad, it has an incredibly long shelf life and is also an excellent antibiotic suave for minor cuts and burns

28. boomd1791 Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 7:48 am

What, no FEMA Tacos?

29. BartleyJ Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 8:19 am

Im not so sure about what people are figuring out, Yank. There are whole gun manufacturers that are out of stock now. People are scared shitless, and they should be. They are closer to revolution than you think. Especially here in the West. The South too, I bet.

30. curtispa Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 8:26 am

that all looks good n way to easy good thanks for the tip n deer that was good looken

31. AnnBearForFreedom Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 8:56 am

re tuna patties…dry mashed potato flakes are an awesome replacement for the crushed saltines. Also cuts back a lil on the sodium if thats a desired change in your life.

32. signorelli21 Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 9:03 am

thank you for the recipes all of them look very delicious! Now I wish I had a kitchen table, lol.

33. DozerLVL Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 9:21 am

Who else is hungry?

34. deleriumman Says:
    May 12th, 2012 at 10:20 am

very inspirational. i’ll take that tortilla tip.