I’m back! Incubating Quail Eggs | Preparednessdaily.com

Subscribe:   Posts           Preparednessdaily.com

I’m back! Incubating Quail Eggs

Thu, Aug 23, 2012

I bought this still air incubator for .99 and started incubating silver bobwhite quail and other types of quail
Video Rating: 5 / 5

15 Responses to “I’m back! Incubating Quail Eggs”

1. outofworkbum Says:
    August 23rd, 2012 at 4:47 am

you need to turn them at least once in the am and once in the pm every day EXCEPT the last 5 days of which you do not turn them at all. Same as chicken eggs. Be sure there is plenty of water in the incubator, every time I have done this the humidity seems a little to low and some chicks get stuck in the eggs and need some extra help getting out. Good Luck

2. zohan nova Says:
    August 23rd, 2012 at 5:24 am

do you need to turn them or can you just leave them

3. jasonmushersee Says:
    August 23rd, 2012 at 5:33 am

My x gf has been sending me computer viruses every other day now. She so thoughtful, i never send her anything.

4. ivankinsman Says:
    August 23rd, 2012 at 5:45 am

@richard – out of interest, how do you keep your quail – in a cage? Can you post a video of your set up? Thx, Ivan

5. ivankinsman Says:
    August 23rd, 2012 at 6:42 am

We had a broody Polish Greenleg cross but the eggs basically went rancid – she was on them for about a month! We have had very little luck with any hatched chicks – have an incubator (Russian brand) and will prob. use it next Spring. Quail eggs might be a good idea but will need to get them fresh.

6. wjthomas82 Says:
    August 23rd, 2012 at 7:40 am

I have the same incubator, never hatched quail bt its always been helpful with chickens to keep a sma dish of water in there to keep the humidity up.

7. skybirdbird Says:
    August 23rd, 2012 at 8:09 am

doing is the best way to learn… that’s how i did… you can hear stuff till the cows come home, but if you have not done it… well, i don’t have to tell you the difference… :-)

8. outofworkbum Says:
    August 23rd, 2012 at 8:12 am

not a chance, I do this (these vids) because I am learning so all the advice I get is very valuable to me. I put them out there because I want the feedback as to how you all think my self taught meathods are and if there is something I’m doing that is crazy stupid I want to hear it. Thanks again and I always look forward to your suggestions.

9. skybirdbird Says:
    August 23rd, 2012 at 8:23 am

i hope you don’t think i’m trying to sound like a k now it all… :-) just trying to share what i know… i don’t like to assume folks know info because they could miss something helpful… you are doing great!… i miss my critters…

10. outofworkbum Says:
    August 23rd, 2012 at 8:33 am

I have 2 buff orpington hens that are like that but they dont go broody on demand, so this will be a nice addition to my tools. I had some bantams for a while but they did’nt winter well for me.

11. outofworkbum Says:
    August 23rd, 2012 at 8:52 am

maybe the vid was processing try it again. I think I will eat some, sell some and , keep some as layers. I have been quail and pheasant hunting before and this should be a whole lot easier, lol

12. outofworkbum Says:
    August 23rd, 2012 at 8:55 am

I have had quail and quail eggs and they are delicious. thanks for commenting

13. richard1948benz Says:
    August 23rd, 2012 at 9:48 am

good luck with your new adventures. i hear bob whites taste good. missed your videos, richard

14. jihadacadien Says:
    August 23rd, 2012 at 10:32 am

I can’t load the video for some reason, but are you gonna eat the quails or produce eggs?

15. skybirdbird Says:
    August 23rd, 2012 at 11:04 am

very cool… fyi a cochin bantam hen is the best incubator going… they’ll try to hatch a rock… and great moms and will sit on a remarkably large quantity of eggs… not sure they will do a quail, but you might want to check them out… glad you are back…