Sat, Aug 13, 2011
Get your keyboard warmed up and thinking caps on……its writing time again!!
If you have some skill-set, some particular knowledge that could prove beneficial to other readers in a homestead or survival situation – I would love to here from you.
- You can write about pretty much any topic you would like – as long as it can benefit ModernSurvivalOnline readers in some way.
- Submissions should be at least 500 words in length (unless descriptive and instructional pictures are included).
- I must state the obvious: All submissions must be your original work and not published on any other site.
- Submissions may be edited for spelling and grammar.
- No profanity or racism.
- Rourke, as the owner of ModernSurvivalOnline, reserves the right to approve or deny any submitted material for any reason.
- Submissions can be written in the following formats: MS-Word, Notepad, Wordpad, TXT, and RTF formats.
- Photo’s can be included in the submitted article – but must also be sent separately attached to an email.
- There is no limit to the quantity of articles that can be submitted.
- Multiple submissions accepted.
- Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org – please put GUEST POST in the subject line.
Once an article is submitted and approved I will email you to let you know when it is scheduled to go live. Also – if you have another blog or site I will gladly provide a link at the end of your guest post to that site.
Contest will start July 20th and will run through August 31st
Alright, let’s take a look at the prizes.
– 1st Place –
Donated by Ready Made Resources….an
AR-7 Survival Rifle!!!!
Since 1959, the venerable AR-7 has been the choice of U.S. Air Force pilots who need a small-caliber rifle they can count on for survival should they have to punch out over a remote area. Over the years, the AR-7′s reputation for portability, ease of operation and reliability has carried over to the civilian world as well. Today, it’s a favorite of bush pilots, backpackers and backcountry adventurers who, like their Air Force counterparts, need a rifle that’s easy to carry but has the accuracy to reliably take down small game.
Winner is responsible for all transfer fee’s as firearm must be sent to a FFL dealer in your area.
– 2nd Place –
Donated by Directive21.com…….
A great combination – an
Emergency Seed Bank and an Herb Seed Bank
Emergency Seed Bank
37,000 seeds, 1.4 Lbs of Non-Hybrid seeds, Heirloom Vegetables, sealed in an airtight military grade Seed Vault.
Herb Seed Bank
68,000 seeds, 21 varieties of highest yielding crops, Heirloom Seeds, Sealed in an airtight military grade Seed Vault.
– 3rd Place –
Donated by Shelf Reliance
Pair(2) of Cansolidator Pantry’s
Featuring SmarTrac technology, the Cansolidator Pantry is a front loading system that automatically rotates up to 40 cans. This adjustable, expandable, stackable system takes the hassle out of can rotation and allows you to organize cans the way YOU want. The Cansolidator is easy to assemble and guarantees a more organized pantry in minutes. Sturdy, compact, and reliable, the Cansolidator Pantry is the perfect stand-alone solution for any pantry.
The Cansolidator’s are also stackable – which allows for maximum storage in minimum space.
Winner gets two of these.
– 4th Place –
Donated by SurvivalGearBags.com
5.11 Bail Out Bag
The 5.11 Bail Out Bag features tough 1050D nylon body fabric construction that delivers extreme versatility. While staying close to the body, the Bail Out Bag provides users with easy access to all its compartments while still being compact enough to deploy from a vehicle. The Front Mag pockets hold up to 6 AR magazines with the side utility pocket designed with web platforms. You can rest assured that the 5.11 Bail Out Bag will have all the room you need for easy deployment. By 5.11 Tactical Series.
– 5th Place –
Donated by SurvivalGunsandSupplies.com
SurvivalGunsandSupplies.com has generously donated both a S.O.G. Revolver Seal Knife as well as one of their Basic Survival Kits.
Honorable Mention Prizes will include……….
This awesome DVD shows you step-by-step how to grow food on a part time basis, with little money, and no previous agricultural experience.
Why not get the skills and resources so you can become independent of the whole crazy system? Why not become free of the weekly grind at the supermarket?
You are sitting at the dining room table just about to eat dinner. You’ve just popped out the back door and picked some lettuce and other greens to make a quick salad that doesn’t even need washing as it was grown in pure rainwater with all organic soil. As you put the bowl on the table you realize with pride that everything in this fresh, delicious, nutritious meal was grown by you and your family.
The ModernSurvivalOnline Survival & Preparedness DVD which is jam packed with preparedness articles, books, manuals, and video’s. Over 4 gigabytes all on one DVD that auto-starts to an easy to navigate menu-system on any PC.
A free membership to the Self-Sufficient Gardener Garden Club Membership
Tons of eBooks, articles, vendor discounts, video’s – and the full content of the Food Security Knowledge Pack.
I really appreciate the support of my sponsors – and especially my readers. Hopefully this is one way I can give back.
© 2011, ModernSurvivalOnline.com. All rights reserved.
- moar gunz!
- Disaster Preparedness Expo — Resilience PDX
- Meet Your New Boss: Buying Large Employers Will Enable China To Dominate 1000s Of U.S. Communities
- Note from JWR:
- Cash Home Sales, Flipping, Offer More Signs of Housing Bubble; Housing Insanity Stage 2
- Crazy Days- Walther .380′s, Benchmade Auto Knives, Shotgun Ammo and Trading