Mon, Aug 29, 2011
When making a quick run to the grocery store to take advantage of some sales, I was amazed at the rise in some of the prices. The same can of salmon that I purchased for $ 1.00 in preparation for Y2K was on sale for $ 2.69 – a “savings” of 90 cents from the normal retail price. The same bag of sugar that I purchased for about $ 1.29-1.59 was $ 4.69. So, I went out on the Internet to see what has gone on. Here are several charts I found on MongaBay.com that show the alarming rises in the price of staple foods and commodities:
Prepping is just not about saving your life. Preparation for Y2K has saved us a huge amount of money over the last ten years. [When ” a loaf of wheat bread or three loaves of barley will cost a day’s pay” (Revelation 6.6), those who are prepared will fare much better.
Blessings on your house from ours, – Gracie
- Food Storage – Trip to the LDS Cannery in Fountain Valley
- You Know That Your City Has Become A Hellhole When….
- Payrolls +103,000 Jobs , 444,000 Part-Time on Household Survey
- The Market Ticker – Proving Up The Fraud Using 3rd Grade Math
- My Review of Slide Fire’s SSAR-15 Stock
- Meat and fruit