Subscribe:   Posts   |   Comments    Preparednessdaily.com

SHTF Food Storage Update

Thu, Jun 16, 2011

Just an update on the food storage
Video Rating: 4 / 5

25 Responses to “SHTF Food Storage Update”

1. NeverEnuffAmmo Says:
    June 16th, 2011 at 9:23 pm

@radhi1203 Good idea, thanks 4 the heads up!

2. radhi1203 Says:
    June 16th, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Maybe a tad more expensive, but i like using spray adheasive, like what is offered from 3M, for the labeling. Personaly I hate moving things around and having labels tear. Spray adheasive tends to be more durable from abrasion’s, and even from the elements. I have not exausted a whole can of adheasive yet. When or if you change the contents of a bucket you can lable over an exsisting label, so no need to try an peel an old one off. Anyway good job, but just an idea for improvement :)

3. NeverEnuffAmmo Says:
    June 16th, 2011 at 10:02 pm

@Herbalpagan Thanks, I try to make everything as efficient as possible.

4. Herbalpagan Says:
    June 16th, 2011 at 10:27 pm

good idea taping the directions to the bucket. I cut out the directions and put them in the packet of mylar or vaccuum bag with the item.
    Well thought out plan!

5. angusyoung9323 Says:
    June 16th, 2011 at 10:40 pm

just don’t drink to much of that coconut milk unless you want diarrhea

6. NeverEnuffAmmo Says:
    June 16th, 2011 at 11:34 pm

@porkchoptheone Thats a great perk bro!

7. porkchoptheone Says:
    June 16th, 2011 at 11:35 pm

I have hundreds of cans of progresso soup. I work for GM. Its one of are perks.

8. NeverEnuffAmmo Says:
    June 16th, 2011 at 11:58 pm

@BiggerThinking1 Most canned goods can last anywhere from 5 to 20 years depending on how it was canned, I suggest getting products that are considered “Shelf Stable” all hormel products are shelf stable, that means they have no expiration date. Canned food won’t “go bad” unless the can has been damaged, it just looses some of it’s nutritional value so they put a date on it. Peanut butter doesn’t need to be refridgerated, it can last for a year after being opened on the shelf, I don’t keep jelly

9. BiggerThinking1 Says:
    June 17th, 2011 at 12:26 am

How long does canned chicken last? a year?
    Also what about mould in the peanut butter and jams after you open them – with no fridge they will get mold maybe?

10. NeverEnuffAmmo Says:
    June 17th, 2011 at 1:11 am

@ICWWEVERYDAY Thanks bro!

11. ICWWEVERYDAY Says:
    June 17th, 2011 at 1:48 am

your food storage looking good.

12. NeverEnuffAmmo Says:
    June 17th, 2011 at 2:25 am

@spockady Hey, Thanks 4 watching!

13. spockady Says:
    June 17th, 2011 at 3:06 am

lots of ideas as usual. thanks bloke

14. NeverEnuffAmmo Says:
    June 17th, 2011 at 4:04 am

@RedSoxBowHunter Yeah got a small garden, and several fruit trees at the family house, and planning on growing the size of the arden soon.

15. RedSoxBowHunter Says:
    June 17th, 2011 at 4:10 am

Matt you gardening yet? this will be my first year

16. veritasfiles Says:
    June 17th, 2011 at 4:30 am

@NeverEnuffAmmo Yeah, I hear ya. Truth is, prepping can be done with almost any amount of money. Slow & steady wins the race. Thanks for the great vids.

17. NeverEnuffAmmo Says:
    June 17th, 2011 at 5:18 am

@Tux3d0 Yeah thats where I get the bulk rice, beans, salt, sugar and everything else that I put into the storage buckets.

18. Tux3d0 Says:
    June 17th, 2011 at 6:07 am

Hey Matt if you have a Sams membership they sell 50 LBS bags of rice and beans for around $12-$14…

19. koioo2 Says:
    June 17th, 2011 at 7:06 am

i want to make a bet,for m 16 machine guns ^-^ serious.i think compare to prices they are much higher here.are 2 supermarket that are cheaper
    and one is,.lidl co uk other is aldi co uk.than i stil need buy plastic containers
    but evry one in the u.s can buy about same products copy from you.do we have instant meal do not know.

20. ewtoutdoors Says:
    June 17th, 2011 at 7:19 am

Nice video thanks for sharing your food storage system. Take care and have a great day.

21. StatenIslandPrepper Says:
    June 17th, 2011 at 7:44 am

Hi , my one suggestion to you is buy a FoodSaver vacuum packer for the pasta , including the Mac and Cheese. this is for 2 reasons; one it will extend the shelf life and 2 it will keep the little bugs out. What I do is anything in a cardboard box gets vacuum packed. And by the way Although the food budget is tight and I dont know how old your kids are, get 1 fun food a week, kids need it. My budget was 500 for 4 people BUT that included me taking lunch and my wife taking lunch daily

22. NeverEnuffAmmo Says:
    June 17th, 2011 at 8:15 am

@999manman Yeah we all need a little help from time to time.

23. 999manman Says:
    June 17th, 2011 at 9:09 am

@NeverEnuffAmmo Dude, I was truly taken aback! Think about it! In times of stress even a well-rounded prepper might need a little reminder re: preparations, cooking times and such. I wonder how many people have buckets full of goods yet when the SHTF they will be stuck trying to remember how to make it palatable. So simple yet I never thought of it. Kudos again!

24. NeverEnuffAmmo Says:
    June 17th, 2011 at 9:49 am

@999manman Thanks bro!

25. 999manman Says:
    June 17th, 2011 at 10:46 am

Great idea putting the preparation and nutritional info on the side!