Subscribe:   Posts   |   Comments    Preparednessdaily.com

Self Sufficiency Diet Week 3 Update Progress Report

Sun, Jun 26, 2011

Going well, I actually feel good and hate to say it but better than normal. Still have mad cravings for sugar and snacks but been able to deal with it.
Video Rating: 5 / 5

16 Responses to “Self Sufficiency Diet Week 3 Update Progress Report”

1. outofworkbum Says:
    June 26th, 2011 at 8:38 pm

@Cannibalriot thanks, I think next time I’ll do the 30 days of only mcdonalds thing, worse for you but at least the happy meals come with toys…lol

2. outofworkbum Says:
    June 26th, 2011 at 9:09 pm

@HotSauceJohnny It’s almost like poison, my body just has an instinct to evacuate within 1/2 hr of eating some of those things, interesting.

3. Cannibalriot Says:
    June 26th, 2011 at 9:35 pm

It’s an interestingly intense experiment, good for you.

4. HotSauceJohnny Says:
    June 26th, 2011 at 10:29 pm

This is a great challenge. It’s amazing how your body adapts and rejects the crap that we buy in the supermarket.

5. outofworkbum Says:
    June 26th, 2011 at 10:52 pm

@kindacoiny I still have major suger cravings after these 3 weeks. The headaches have slowed down and not everyday ( I get cluster headaches and migrains regularly anyway) but no weekness or dizzyness. I’m sleeping the same as normal, and my wife thinks my mood is better than normal. Overall I feel better than normal, the toughest thing is making food for my wife and kids like a nice dinner then sit down with them while they eat that and I eat weeds and eggs…lol

6. kindacoiny Says:
    June 26th, 2011 at 11:02 pm

You are still looking good. How long do the sugar cravings last? and have you been having any headaches. or feeling weak or dizzy? and if so how long does that last. Is it affecting your mood? and are you sleeping more or less and what quality is there to the sleep? restless? Sound sleep? or normal?

7. outofworkbum Says:
    June 26th, 2011 at 11:36 pm

@MrM2hb I’m thinking roasted with a strawberry glaze, haha… not kidding :)

8. MrM2hb Says:
    June 27th, 2011 at 12:01 am

NO! I was so looking forward to hearing about the berries!!!!!
    I wonder what Chipmonks taste like–maybe Strawberries?

9. outofworkbum Says:
    June 27th, 2011 at 12:12 am

@GoingOrganic1 haha, I think my little garden is in better shape than most around here, but while fishing I was able to grab a couple doz dandelions and 2 crayfish i boiled up

10. GoingOrganic1 Says:
    June 27th, 2011 at 12:56 am

Can you glean vegetables and fruits from the community areas and neighborhoods?

11. outofworkbum Says:
    June 27th, 2011 at 1:53 am

@lenty2000 thanks, it’s a bit more than I expected but definately do-able

12. outofworkbum Says:
    June 27th, 2011 at 2:11 am

@kbon2004 thanks, I have a wild edible book, but so far I’ve not been able to make 100% pos id’s from it on anything I already did not know. I have lots of white and purple clover but they are so fine that you can eat handfulls of it and still feels like eating nothing.

13. kbon2004 Says:
    June 27th, 2011 at 2:49 am

I think this is a great experiment! good job! Have you checked out different videos on wild foods? A friend of mine just posted one about cooking milkweed. I never would have thought of milkweed! Just an idea anyway.

14. lenty2000 Says:
    June 27th, 2011 at 3:18 am

Love it! keep up the battle man, good luck!

15. outofworkbum Says: