Thu, Jun 16, 2011
June 16, 2011
For Immediate Release: Contact: Jeff Thigpen June 15, 2011
Register of Deeds Jeff Thigpen to Meet President Obama and top Administration Officials in Washington, D.C.
NC-Guilford County Register of Deeds Jeff Thigpen announced today that
he will travel to Washington, D.C. to join President Barack Obama and
members of his administration at a White House reception honoring Young
Elected Officials on this Friday, June 17th.
honored to be invited by the President and it will be one of the
highlights of my career as a public servant”, said Register of Deeds
Thigpen. “On the other hand, I’m carrying the weight I what I see in the
economy and it’s challenging. People are hurting as the housing
industry has been wounded by a culture of quick money that led to the
crash in our economy. We’ve got to return to fundamentals that help
working people get back on their feet coupled with an unshakeable
commitment to transparency and fair dealing in our financial services
Returning to fundamentals are important to
Thigpen because he recently found 4500 potentially fraudulent land
record documents in the Guilford County Register of Deeds as a result of
an internal investigation. The legal documents were submitted by a
company named Doc X, owned by Lender Processing Services which
contracted with major banks Wells Fargo, Bank of America, and the
Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems (MERS) among others. They were
signed by a number of “robo-signers” including the name Linda Green
representing a number of banks and mortgage companies that had between
four and fifteen different signature variations and acknowledged before
notaries as authentic. Each of those companies and banks mentioned are
now under investigation.
Register Thigpen initiated his
investigation after former Doc X employees admitted the company’s
business practices on national television during a CBS 60 Minutes
segment on the mortgage paperwork mess. Thigpen sent his own findings
to federal regulator agencies and the 50 State Attorneys’ General
Investigation into Foreclosure Fraud in May.
Prior to the
reception, Thigpen will be attending a special policy briefing with
senior White House and Administration officials on topics including
housing, immigration reform, innovation, energy, and job creation.
Jeff Thigpen, 40, was elected to the Guilford County Board of Commissioners at age 27 and is author of the upcoming book, Young Politics profiling young elected leaders 35 and under committed to progressive values. Young Politics will be published by Polar Bear and Company in Maine and released later this year.
Speak loud and speak strong Jeff…
Leave a Reply
Mail (will not be published) (required)
- Survivalist Mentality
- A&G Interview A Survivalist 1
- Long Term Food Storage Secret Many YouTube survivalist dont want you to know
- Yoders Bacon for Survival Food Storage and Daily Use
- Prepared #2 – Storing Food – Basics (Preparedness series)
- Food Storage Night
- The Survivalist’s GeoCache
- Survivalist Mental Conditioning
- Prepared #3 – Storing Knowledge (Preparedness series)
- Survival food stash and storage. Part 1
- metalhead2508: Don’t you just love it? If you have some food, wat…
- MusicWavesMan: Those sellouts got shot!!…
- bigc028282: @ArmedAmerican88 Nice sock/shill account *sshat….
- IsraeliteMessenger: Don’t bother listening to this biased load of shit…
- Andraeux: We have low crime rate here in Odessa. its very ha…
- The Great Stagnation of 2011
- Shelf Reliance Harvest-72 Review
- Preparedness Scenario – What Would You Do?
- SURVIVALIST SHOOTS 3 IN ODESSA TEXAS BARRICADE SITUATION 9-18-2010
- Barack Obama’s White House Rural Council: Central Economic Planning For America’s Heartland
- Vote For Whoever You Want, Bailout Policies Won´t Change One Bit; A Look at Eurozone and US Politics; Would it Have Mattered if McCain Won in 2008?