Subscribe:   Posts   |   Comments    Preparednessdaily.com

Home Food Storage Secrets

Tue, Jun 7, 2011

Home Food Storage Secrets: I’ll cover some basic information critical to your long-term home food storage. These tips and tricks may help you survive a regional emergency or a world changing disaster. The church that operates the on-line catalog is the LDS — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints — commonly referred to as the Mormons. The on-line catalog link: store.lds.org Article – Home Food Storage Lasts 30 Years or Longer: www.ldschurchnews.com The e-mail response to my question concerning non-member orders: Thank you for your e-mail. There are no restrictions on who can order from our catalog. You may place an order online at www.store.lds.org or by phone or mail. To order by telephone, call 1-800-537-5971, if you live in the United States or Canada. If you reside in a different country, please use the following link: Global Service Center. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. If you prefer to order by mail, send the request along with credit card information, check, or money order for the amount of purchase, plus any applicable state and local taxes, to: Distribution Services 1999 West 1700 South Salt Lake City, UT 84104 Please make check or money order payable to Corporation of the Presiding Bishop. Also, please make sure you include your name, address and telephone number along with the items you would like to order, quantity and size (when applicable). Only US funds will be accepted for mail order.

–Audience voicemail about Glenn Beck touting food storage on his show without mentioning it as a promotion for his sponsor, nor a Mormon tradition, emails about David being a twisted individual, Louis allegedly gaining weight, life beginning at contraception, medical questions, and Fox News making people stupid. The David Pakman Show is an internationally syndicated talk radio and television program hosted by David Pakman www.davidpakman.com http www.facebook.com www.twitter.com feeds.feedburner.com 24/7 Voicemail Line & Studio Number: (219)-2DAVIDP Broadcast on December 23, 2010

50 Responses to “Home Food Storage Secrets”

1. surfnfx Says:
    June 7th, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Very Good Video. I am not LDS but they do the job correct. Wish more churches did the same!

2. BlackCatSaloon Says:
    June 7th, 2011 at 5:29 pm

@isabstmr You are very welcome!

3. isabstmr Says:
    June 7th, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Excellent video. Thank you for the links and advice.

4. MsAnna4040 Says:
    June 7th, 2011 at 6:28 pm

@ihatesquirrel13 I havent told anyone what to do. I SUGGESTED that you show a little tolerance, kindness and manners and dont criticize others for their beliefs. Im secure enough in my own beliefs that i dont need to go around criticizing others to validate what i believe. If you believe God is a fairy tale, so be it. I believe thats ur right and I dont criticize u for it. I wish u wld give me the same respect.

5. ihatesquirrel13 Says:
    June 7th, 2011 at 7:16 pm

@MsAnna4040 if what i say offends you then that is your personal take. i didnt find it offensive. since there is no proof of what you speak of. there is plenty of actual proof to disprove it though. so in my opinion calling it fantasy or fictional is not offensive in any way shape or form. maybe you shouldnt tell others what to do

6. MsAnna4040 Says:
    June 7th, 2011 at 8:15 pm

@ihatesquirrel13 Obviously you are not a christian and dont believe as I do. That is your right, and I respect that. I wld never think of offending you or anyone else that thinks differernt than I do by insulting them or telling them they “believe in fantasies”. I show respect towards other religions and non-religious people alike. Maybe you should do the same.

7. ihatesquirrel13 Says:
    June 7th, 2011 at 8:21 pm

instead of bulk just buy normal foods, buy what you eat and eat what you buy..normal canned stuff will last years on a shelf, years beyond the expiration dates. flour, wheat, sugar..just break them down into smaller bags and vac seal them . store in a tote in a dark basement and it all lasts for years..pasta, soups , whatever. and you dont have food sitting around with no use. as you use some you replace it

8. ihatesquirrel13 Says:
    June 7th, 2011 at 8:22 pm

@MsAnna4040 what does it have to do with christians ? beleif in fantasies has nothing to do with preperations

9. BlackCatSaloon Says:
    June 7th, 2011 at 8:31 pm

@Zbee167 You’re very welcome…glad you enjoyed the video.

10. Zbee167 Says:
    June 7th, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Great info and video!!! I just ordered the family storage starter kit. Thanks a lot.

11. BlackCatSaloon Says:
    June 7th, 2011 at 8:56 pm

@dendog21 Oh yeah, for sure…much cheaper if you can yourself. This would be for folks who prefer to buy prepackaged. If you live near an LDS cannery, you can get more variety and it’s cheaper as well. Thanks for the comment.

12. dendog21 Says:
    June 7th, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I was just looking at the prices on the website you listed. Are you aware that you can get 3 or 4 times as much stuff at the same price if you can it yourself?

13. BlackCatSaloon Says:
    June 7th, 2011 at 10:17 pm

@MsAnna4040 Thanks for the comment. For sure there ary many closet pereppers out there. I wish I had an LDS cannery nearby.

14. MsAnna4040 Says:
    June 7th, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Its good to see other christians prepping. I started a year ago and thought i was one of the only christians that felt a need to prep. Its so good to know Im not alone and others see the need too. Im fortunate enough to have a LDS cannery in my town and get many of my long term storage items there. Thanks for you video.

15. BlackCatSaloon Says:
    June 7th, 2011 at 11:26 pm

@whatiftheyareright No problem, glad you found it useful.

16. whatiftheyareright Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 12:22 am

Wow…. great price! Thanks for sharing!

17. BlackCatSaloon Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 12:35 am

@preparedchipmunk Excellent idea…thanks for the comment.

18. BlackCatSaloon Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 1:07 am

@jplerwill Excellent idea…thanks.

19. BlackCatSaloon Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 1:50 am

@jplerwill Excellent idea…thanks.

20. jplerwill Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 2:50 am

If you have an LDS cannery near you, your options open up a ton on purchasable items. Look up LDS cannery price list for the full list of what you can get at the cannery itself. It is a great resource.

21. jplerwill Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 3:22 am

Southernprepper1 just made a similar video about the LDS canning. He shows a 220 page preperation book that can be downloaded for free and is extremely full of great info.

22. skywriter1962 Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 3:42 am

@BlackCatSaloon Yes, my mom did that too, it was later in her life that she found out that you should freeze it first to get rid of any larvee, and the Bay leaf help’s keep from any new infestation, Thanks for that I had forgotten about the Bay Leaf!

23. BlackCatSaloon Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 3:58 am

@skywriter1962 When I was a boy, my mother swore by putting a bay leaf or two in with the flour to keep the weavels at bay.

24. BlackCatSaloon Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 4:48 am

@katzcradul Thank you for your very kind comment. It’s comments like these that keep me producing videos.

25. BlackCatSaloon Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 5:16 am

@gilyardk Thanks for the comment.

26. Demarcoa Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 6:14 am

@DawnOfTheDead991 i hear that

27. DawnOfTheDead991 Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 6:17 am

Those intelligent cons seem to be a vanishing breed, it seems they all sound like Rush, Glenn or Savage. It is so bad that even Pat Buchanan seems reasonable these days because at least he uses some logic in his arguments. Buckley types are as rare as gold nuggets. The birthers & fundies are the epitome of non thinkers. Intellectuals tend to gravitate to the extremes but I will listen to anyone who can employ logic & honesty, agree with or not, but not to idiots ranting about Nazis & Commies.

28. Demarcoa Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 6:30 am

@DawnOfTheDead991 I suppose. It is true that the stupidest ones seem to get the most attention. On the other hand, educations IS well-correlated with liberalism and progressive thinking. “More reasonable” conservatives, by definition, have less far-right wing views than their “Glen Beck” counterparts.

29. DawnOfTheDead991 Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 7:03 am

@Demarcoa Judging by the remarks I see from cons all over You Tube, you are definitely mistaken. You have to be stupid to take Glenn Beck seriously anyways.

30. DawnOfTheDead991 Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 7:51 am

Dave, do you mean like when Beck rants about impending economic collapse then tries to sell gold too?

31. swoperoffrft Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 8:21 am

this dude is arguing something so stupid! I feel bad for this guys ignorance! this guy is like a child, he attacks people for grammar errors instead of the real points. It just shows he is a educated idiot!

32. yugmrala Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 8:30 am

This guy is an idiot. How many times did he listen to the show? I listen often and Beck has “disclosed” many times that he is Mormon, his faith promotes food storage, and that he has a sponsor for whom he does live commercials.
    David Packman has selective hearing.

33. wmarcus1203 Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 8:30 am

So this radio personality David packman, is saying don’t prepare for hyperinflation, earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, etc. It’s pretty smart to have a food storage in these times especially. Get real Paul Ryan’s evil twin.

34. wmarcus1203 Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 8:31 am

@channelhismojo you’re a moron, not a mormon. I get it.

35. TheIntolerantAtheist Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 9:03 am

Hey, I still use my “personal organizer” with 8 KB of memory from 1992. I play video games on my Nintendo 64, Gamecube and PS2. I also still have a VCR.

36. channelhismojo Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 9:22 am

What’s the point trying to rationalize with Mormons? They are dishonest and illogical.

37. channelhismojo Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 9:29 am

@itaaehau Actually it’s foetus if you aren’t an American and spell it as it was originally spelt.

38. paddysbrain1989 Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 9:33 am

ok so lets put religion and advertising aside. I wish i had stored a years food supply one year ago? now i doubt i could afford a years food supply. Inflation that does not exist is driving the price of food to unsustainable levels, here in Greece people are now returning to the land.

39. savgal1211 Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 10:25 am

PS who , dude, are your sponsors? Is it a company that makes Fuschia ties??

40. savgal1211 Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 11:05 am

Look, Glenn does not say “Get food storage cause I am Mormon”! He does it because it is what he believes is coming down the Pike. It is absurd to draw that conclusion. Glenn does not hIDE the fact of who his sponsors are and he chooses sponsors he, goshm,ight agree with! “Hey, buy Acme toothpaste. says Glenn” Opps, Glenn has TEETH!! Guess he should not advertise for Acme!!

41. kazooga1234 Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 11:46 am

@itaaehau i was extremely pissed off and not the best speller to begin with and no i said that its a parasite when it can be aborted its not a monkey yet i am calling myself a monkey because thats what people are so maybe this will educate you wimp(dot)com(slash)niceinfo

42. itaaehau Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 12:11 pm

@samiam2088 And you also have the right to use contraception and NOT GET PREGNANT IN THE FIRST PLACE! No one seems to get this. Your freedom of choice and right to do with your body what you will comes BEFORE the pregnancy! Once you get pregnant, there is another body and life involved, not just your own. Think about that, if you can.

43. itaaehau Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 12:45 pm

@kazooga1234 “fetis” ?? get an education, it’s “fetus” and I guess you are calling yourself a parasite because, correct me if I’m wrong, you were once a “fetis”

44. itaaehau Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 1:06 pm

Oh, and Glen Beck may have sponsors in the food storage business, but have you ever listened to Dr. Bob Martin? There’s a real blurring of the line for you on whether he is advising based on his sponsorships or his medical knowledge. There are several food storage companies out there and every food company that sells canned food or packaged food or bulk food benefits from his advice—not just his sponsors.

45. itaaehau Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 1:51 pm

David, you actually look more like Mormon than Glen Beck does hahaha! Sure the Mormon church occasionally mentions that it is a good idea for people to “be prepared” in case of an emergency or crisis and offers suggestions in the way of food storage and such, but perhaps Glen has taken this counsel, internalized it and formulated his own beliefs on it so that it has become HIS OWN belief and not just some church thing he is following. No need to mention his church on this then.

46. MrFitzwilly Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 2:20 pm

I am a Mormon and could care less if you believe Glenn Beck. The Prohets of our church have said for decades to store/rotate food and grow a garden. I do not need evidence. But if you are looking for evidence, maybe watch the weather?

47. theTRuthbrand2 Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Checkout the new book ‘Common Sense 2 – A Summary View’. It is a modern ode to both Thomas Jefferson and Thomas Paine.

Help save America! Spread the word!

theTRuthbrand (dot) com

The TRuth brand

48. ANAMEHASNOTBEENTAKE Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 2:57 pm

@preachersaredumb That’s uh… that’s really clever.

49. kimkongaroo Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Beck is constantly trying to sell his listeners something the guy’s whole shtick is an infomershal

50. FritzOmnibus Says:
    June 8th, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Political ideology is the religion of the day.