Subscribe:   Posts           Preparednessdaily.com

About Everyday Food Storage

Thu, Apr 28, 2011

Learn more about Everyday Food Storage. For more tips and tricks for using food storage in everyday ways, visit www.everydayfoodstorage.NET

21 Responses to “About Everyday Food Storage”

1. NDbeautifulbadlands Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 5:07 pm

I’m a Lutheran, not a Mormon, but this fits any religious logic(or no religion) and secular logic. It just makes sense to stock up so you have a safety net for hard times, or natural disasters.

Up here, you could, in theory, get snowed in for weeks if you are off the beaten path. Grocery stores could quickly be depleted because of a natural disaster, etc.

Thanks for the videos!

2. imckbe Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 5:38 pm

you rock!!! you are a life saver (((hugs)))

3. bearlysceneranch Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 6:08 pm

I COMPLETELY agree with everything you said. I was going to the store at least 5 times a week and spending 400 dollars weekly on groceries (6 kids and a hungry hubby) Since I started doing this I go to the store twice a month spending 600 monthly and never run out of anything and can make anything my family could possibly want. It has been very freeing.

4. MyFreedomChannel Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Being raised by my mother and maternal grandparents, we had a veggie garden and we also had food storage – at least two-three years. I loved it!

5. kishakisha17 Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 6:41 pm

hi, i live in toronto and i need to find out where i can get those #10 cans, powdered milk and such……and is there a lds cannery here? i am not sure what they are but i want to go and check one out…..please help if you can….

6. ARBuilder1776 Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 7:06 pm

@MrsSarb It used to be but then we all got lazy and spoiled. The people who have this information and store food will be the ones to survive in the future. We are heading for some very hard times all over the world.

7. Lesli2 Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 7:49 pm

NICE CHANNEL. YOU remind me a lil of Genie Frances. thats a compliment hon.

8. anon1i Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 7:50 pm

@urkingod because the Church of Latter Day Saints (LDS) has a mandate that all church families have at least 3 months of food storage in case of world problems. Further, LDS is based in Utah.

9. urkingod Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Why are all these food storage people seems to be coming from Utah ??? (smart idea by the way).

10. girard1973 Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 8:07 pm

So do nothing!

11. NBaimf Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Marshal law, military dictatorship, suspension of your rights and the Constitution after a natural or delibratly engineered ‘crisis’.
    # Executive Order 10998: All food resources, farms and farm equipment can be seized by the government. You will not be allowed to hoard food since this is regulated.
    # Executive Order 10999: All modes of transportation will go into government control. Any vehicle can be seized.
    # Executive Order 11000: All civilians can be used for work under federal supervision.

12. jayandallie5 Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Hi I love your stuff I have three little kids and running to the store for something I forgot isn’t really a option most of the time. What do suggest for people with food allergies? I can’t eat soy or gluten. I have Celiac Disease and this limits what I can eat. I eat alot of protein, veggies and fruit. I do use some non gluten grains but they are really expensive so I only buy in small quantitys. Any advice?

13. MrsSarb Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 10:22 pm

I am not a Mormon but I have learned a LOT from the Mormons online. I do not know anyone else who does this. Honestly, I think this should be a way of life for everyone.

14. MrsSarb Says:
    April 28th, 2011 at 11:06 pm

I really like this video because everything you said about the food being better and not having to run to the store is very true. I did NOT grow up like this and the only reason I began doing this was because of my fears about the economy. I LOVE having a food storage. My family thought I was crazy at first but now they are starting to really enjoy it. I think making food from scratch tastes a million times better than store bought prepackaged foods. I can’t imagine going back now.

15. Herbalpagan Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 12:01 am

Great video! It explains a lot of good points on food storage. My daughter is scared that food storage food will go bad, let alone taste bad. lol

16. brookiebakerie Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 12:48 am

LDS church leaders have been telling us for years and years that we should have a year’s worth of food stored for emergencies. Job loss, economic downturn, catastrophic world events… Any of them could happen at any time. Having food storage is just one more way that we can be self sufficient. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best! :)

17. Zahevti Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 1:42 am

Your mother must be very proud! I love this and the other food storage network sites, and I used to be rather lazy about it all. Current events woke me up to the wisdom of this lifestyle change. Thank you!

18. arcadebrat Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 1:51 am

Prepared for what. I would like to understand the insperation behind having such a large (1 year) storage. I am trying to learn and I am interested in storing maybe 3 months worth.

19. tangrene Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 2:06 am

Wow, it is soooo nice to see you encourage young folks to use food storage. For those of us that were raised by parents/grandparents who lived in remote areas in the dust bowl…we learned by living with the reality of not being able to run to the store whenever we needed stuff. When young I thought why would I want to store dried eggs or dried milk when fresh was available. Recent example: Dec 08 heavy snow N of Seattle there was NO eggs at store. Powdered whites and yolks saved X-mas dinner

20. tinsnanna Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 2:58 am

thats a good story,and great info

21. blueeggsitter Says:
    April 29th, 2011 at 3:42 am

Great video, thanks for all the encouragement!